Share Tips Settings Mikrotik Router. First, you have to have a mikrotik router, you have to buy a wi-fi router, whatever mikrotik series, for later use and configuration, whether it's used as a hotspot or something else.
The main function of a Mikrotik router is that it is used for routing because from its name alone the router is routing. many series besides Mikrotik routers, for example Cisco Juniper, but those that are powerful and and have affordable prices, are still held by Mikrotik. Mikrotik also has many features available and is already available in packages or appeals or routers on Mikrotik, for example, IP addresses, DHCP servers, DHCP clients, DNS and many more.
Tips Settings Mikrotik Router
- SSID stands for "Service Set Identifier". Under the IEEE 802.11 wireless networking standard, "service chain" refers to a set of wireless network devices with the same parameters. So, the SSID is an identifier (name) that tells you which service set (or network) to join.
- Password or security, in this security menu usually contains information or a password so that clients can connect via SSID using a password, using this password is very relative. So if you are an RT RW Net entrepreneur and use the hotspot feature, you don't need to activate a password here.
- VLAN is practically a virtual LAN. A VLAN (Virtual LAN) is a network model that logically divides a network into different VLANs. VLANs are not limited to physical network conditions such as LANs. VLANs can be configured in practice without having to check the condition of the device. As a result, VLANs have flexibility in network management and allow network administrators to partition their networks according to network capabilities and security requirements.
- WPS or WiFi Protected Setup, for short is a wireless networking standard used to make the connection between a router and wireless devices faster and easier.
- RouterName, The router name is used as a micro microtic identifier so that it can be recognized by other devices, including those that display the board name.
- Profile, usually used as a password list so that clients can connect to our network. This is usually used if we do more than one SSID part.
- Band Choosing the band is a way to determine the standard protocol that will be used by the wireless interface. In addition to defining protocol standards, the band also determines the data rates that can be passed, channel frequencies and channel widths. There are several bands on the mikrotik router.
a. 2Ghz-b, works at a frequency of 2.4Ghz. Using the 802.11b protocol with a maximum data rate of 11 Mbit / s.
b. 2Ghz-b / g, also works at a frequency of 2.4Ghz. Uses 802.11b and 802.11g protocols. 802.11g protocol is almost the same as 802.11b but transmits on an OFDM basis such as 802.11a so that the 802.11g protocol can reach 54 Mbit / s.
c. 2Ghz-b / g / n, works at a frequency of 2.4Ghz. Uses 802.11b, 802.11g and 802.11n protocols. The expansion of the standard 802.11 protocol, coupled with multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) capabilities. With the addition of this MIMO feature, theoretically the maximum data rate that can be achieved is 300 Mbit / s.
d. 2Ghz-only G, works at 2.4Ghz, only uses 802.11g protocol.
e. 2Ghz-only N, works at a frequency of 2.4Ghz, only uses 802.11n protocol.
f. 5Ghz-a, works at a frequency of 5 Ghz. Using the 802.11a protocol, the maximum data rate that can be achieved is 54 Mbit / s.
g. 5Ghz-a / n, works at a frequency of 5 Ghz. Uses 802.11a and 802.11n protocols.
h. 5Ghz-only N, works at 5 GHz frequency and only uses 802.11n protocol.
- Wireless LAN channels use radio frequencies that require propagation media that must also be clean or without interference. Interference can be in the form of obstacles such as trees, buildings, walls, glass or frequency interference from other nearby devices.